About the Company
Our client is a well-established insurance services company. They are looking for a Senior Auditor to join their Audit team who will be responsible for planning and executive audits for the various business units internally.
Why Work Here
- Unique projects completed and ongoing and systems to further development professional learning
- High level of exposure to senior leadership
- Good work/life balance
About the Opportunity
- Work in collaboration with the Manager, Internal Audit, in planning, executing, and reporting on audit engagements across different lines of business and functions in accordance with department and IIA standards
- Effectively design and implement audit procedures to identify, analyze, evaluate, and document sufficient and relevant information to achieve the engagement's objectives and identify gaps and opportunities and develop value-adding recommendations
- Prepare well-articulated and meaningful audit reports to communicate audit findings and related impact to management, Senior Management, and the Board
- Follow up on open audit issues until corrective action plans are implemented by management
- Provide advisory services as requested to support key initiatives across the organization
- Cultivate business relationships and work collaboratively with other functional areas and establish a high-level of credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Work in a team of internal auditors with different expertise to carry out integrated process mandates
- Contribute to continuous improvement of audit methodology and practices
- 3+ years of relevant experience in audit (internal/external), risk management, compliance, or equivalent business experience
- Prior experience in IT auditing or COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies) and/or experience in financial services industry (e.g., insurance) considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management practices
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 327702.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.