Our client is looking for an audit resource to assist them on an interim basis. The Auditor is accountable for assisting in completing projects of all types (key risk audits, project risk audits, emerging risk audits, financial controls testing and other special projects) and the delivery of high quality, professional, cost-effective, value-added and risk-based audit services.
About the Opportunity
- Assist in planning and executing audit projects in accordance with department standards
- Conduct interviews with management regarding the risks being managed by business unit
- Assist in developing audit programs to evaluate these risks
- Assist in assessing control effectiveness
- Assist in preparing audit reports, including executive summary and audit issues, making practical and value-added recommendations to improve risk management practices and the efficiency and effectiveness of operations
- Assist in presenting findings and recommendations to business unit management; resolve contentious issues and reach agreement on appropriate solutions
- Follow up on open audit issues until resolved
- Complete assigned work required to support External Auditors
- Accounting Designation
- Knowledge of Banking operations is a definite asset
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes and their risk implications, being able to analyze situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit methodologies, project management and system development methodologies, control frameworks and risk management practices, and regulatory requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing, and to listen and consider the ideas of others
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality
- Ability to develop and carry out audit programs to deliver quality results on time and within budget
- Ability to exercise and demonstrate sound judgment
- Results oriented - ability to balance multiple priorities and projects
- Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with business units and staff at all levels
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25747.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.