About the Company
Our client is a full service firm located in the GTA, providing accounting, assurance, tax and advisory services who desire to create value and leave a legacy. They are looking for a Senior Assurance Manager to assist with ASPE related assurance engagements.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to work for a well-respected mid-sized firm and advance to Partner level over time
- Flexible working arrangements
- Good work/life balance
- New role due to the growth of the organization
About the Opportunity
- Effectively plan, supervise, and execute assurance (audits and reviews) engagements, accounting projects in accordance with all relevant professional standards and Firm policies
- Develop/maintain strong long-term working relationships with key business decision makers internally and externally throughout the year to communicate value and inform them of the firm's scope of services.
- Generate new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions.
- As required, complete the detailed review of assurance and non-assurance engagement files to ensure that the engagement / project is in compliance with the relevant professional standards and Firm policies
- Conduct and assist others on the engagement team with research as necessary on technical matters related to client situations
- Conduct or provide input into staff performance reviews
- Develop the skills, capabilities and potential of less experienced staff through supervision, coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer, internal training delivery, and assignment of challenging work opportunities
- Effectively manage and focus Firm resources
- Apply appropriate industry / business knowledge in anticipating, identifying and addressing issues relevant to the client’s business
- Prepare/review corporate income tax returns and other filings
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-focused environment
- 6 years of post-certification public accounting experience in performing audit and review engagements, reviewing NTR’s and detailed review/final review of assurance engagement deliverables
- Experience with private client assurance experience in a mid-sized or larger firm
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #30146.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.