About the Opportunity
Public Markets Group (Fixed Income, Equity):
- Leading elements of strategic initiatives including the internalization of trading strategies, including requirements gathering, system configuration, data migration and testing/validation
- Leading research and analysis of investment accounting treatments and applying accounting knowledge to potential changes
Public Markets Alternatives Group ( Hedge Funds, Futures, Interest Rate & Total Return Swaps, Credit Derivatives)
- Key participant in strategic initiatives such as on-boarding managers on Managed Account Platform (MAP) implementation, internalization of trading strategies, including requirements gathering, system configuration, data migration and testing/validation
- Prepare trade tickets for OTC Derivatives
- Providing review, investment accounting, operational oversight and valuation within Investment Finance of public market, alternative & derivative investment groups
- Full life cycle of the public market instruments (including trade processing, settlement) and support of these investments
- Financial statement note support, and reporting schedules for quarter and year-end purposes
- Streamlining processes and creating operational efficiencies, ensuring scalability and compliance with financial and operational controls
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting and a Business, Finance
- CFA, CPA designation (or working towards the designation) is an asset.
- Understanding of Investment Pools is an asset
- 5+ years of experience in investment management, with direct experience working in Investment Finance or Investment Operations
- Experience with full trade-life cycle, investment operations, buy-side, bloomberg, investment operations
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27715.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.