About the Company
Our client is a large and reputable publicly-traded asset management organization, and they are looking for a Senior Associate, Corporate Finance who will play an important role in supporting the team with accounting and reporting both internally and externally.
About the Opportunity
- Open and flexible environment. Hybrid work schedule
- Team focused - they all work together as a team
- Opportunity for career development and advancement, with competitive compensation package
- Work alongside the team to ensure that corporate accounting records and reporting are accurate, complete, and timely
- Treasury management functions including execution of foreign exchange transactions and money market investments and redemptions.
- Participate in the transfer of funds for various transactions such as capital calls, distributions and intercompany funding across banking platforms
- Coordination and preparation of quarterly firmwide accruals
- Support public reporting for the firm through:
- Preparation of lead sheets, working papers and other support schedule
- Preparation of financial statement notes and MD&A sections
- Preparation of summary board liquidity reporting
- Support the firm’s internal controls over financial reporting through semi-annual updates of internal control narratives and testing by internal audit
- Implement complex tax and compensation transactions through the preparation and communication of the accounting steps / implications. Develop adjusting / consolidating entries for public reporting purposes
- Preparation of share repurchases under the Normal Course Issuer Bids by the firm, including the maintenance of repurchase details and regulatory reporting
- Support various projects within the Corporate Finance team as well as ad hoc tasks as required
- CPA designation or in-progress
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in corporate accounting and reporting.
- Experience in the financial services industry is preferred
- Public accounting firm training is an asset, specifically in audit.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
$85,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #348431.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.