About the Company
Our client is in the financial services industry. They are currently looking for a Senior Analyst, Valuations who will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating the Private Equity & Infrastructure valuations prepared by Investment Management and communicating any concerns to the Director.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Comprehensive salary and excellent benefits package
- Excellent team-based, collaborative culture
- Great work life balance
- Assist with the Portfolio of PE & Infrastructure investments valuation review process - which includes reviewing investment valuation memorandums prepared by Investment Management, preparing Finance’s independent valuation models, performing independent valuation analyses and research (including review of comparable public companies, market transactions, and industry research), and arriving at a preliminary fair value recommendation. The Senior Analyst will also be responsible for documenting the analyses performed in valuation dashboards and communicating the findings to internal stakeholders for review.
- Initiate discussions with staff members of Investment Management to gather additional information and examine differences (if any). Escalate issues and other matters to the Director for resolution.
- Assist the Director with the onboarding of new investments into the valuation process. This includes: gaining understanding of new deal structure, reviewing legal documents and Investment Management investment memorandums, and setting up new valuation models.
- Support the Director in ongoing monitoring of existing investments, including tracking investment financial metrics and financial updates, reviewing investee MD&A, and keeping current on investments life cycle.
- Assist the Director in establishing valuation best practices and implementing process improvements. Develop and implement standardized valuation models and valuation reporting for the group. Participate in process improvement and automation initiatives as it pertains to the valuation of the Private Equity, Private Credit, and Infrastructure portfolios.
- Keep abreast of valuation standards (CICBV) and fair value standards (IFRS, IPEV), technical valuation approaches and methodologies of various asset classes (Common Equity, Preferred Shares and Debt Instruments) as well as knowledge in application of Black Scholes option pricing.
- 3+ years experience in business valuation, with focus on private equity and infrastructure, preferred. Experience with private credit would be an asset
- Strong financial modeling skills. Experience in Black Scholes option pricing would be an asset
Up to $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #384568
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.