About the Company
Our client is a Canadian leader in the financial services sector. They are looking for a Senior Analyst, Internal Controls and Financial Reporting who will assist with the execution of the CEO/CFRO certification of internal controls over financial reporting program and supporting the financial reporting of certain corporate and investment holding subsidiaries.
Why Work Here
- Very progressive and collaborative corporate culture
- Lots of interactions with different offices across city the globe
About the Opportunity
- Coordinate the execution of the testing of internal controls over financial reporting to support the CEO/CFRO certification of said controls through coordination with various control owners across the organization. Testing of internal controls include the execution of the following:
- Participate in, and document walkthroughs to assess the design effectiveness of key control processes.
- Execute test plans to assess operating effectiveness of control processes.
- Identify, assess and document the root causes of observations and control weaknesses, as applicable
- Maintain proper documentation of the control testing results including details of test of design, test of operating effectiveness, source of information and test of information used in the control, etc.,.
- Follow-up on outstanding findings to assess timeliness and appropriateness of actions taken by management.
- Liaise and interact with external auditors, where applicable.
- Assist with processing requests and reporting for the use of the external auditor for audit and non-audit services.
- Assist with the preparation of presentation materials, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of the periodic and annual trial balance packages and financial statements the company’s corporate and investment holding subsidiaries including the financial statement notes in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), as required.
- Support related projects, cross functional initiatives and/or ad hoc reporting, as required.
- 3 years’ experience in financial reporting or auditing
- 2-3 years’ experience in investment management, pension fund or financial services industry
- Excellent understanding of IFRS and experience with an integrated audit environment
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #332221.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.