About the Company
Our client, a global financial services organization, is looking to hire a Senior Accountant who will manage the reinsurance accounting processes for complex and material reinsurance contracts and lead the analysis and preparation of quarterly financial and management results in a timely and accurate manner. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to add value and drive change throughout the business.
About the Opportunity
- Support the annual execution of the Operational Risk Control System and Model Audit Rule program
- Oversee the annual update of identification, assessment, documentation and reporting of operational, compliance and financial reporting risks and controls
- Execute the testing program for MAR controls (including IT general controls and entity level controls) that impact financial reporting
- Assist with the development and compilation of executive level presentations on ORCS/MAR status and results
- Support the implementation of enhanced ORCS/MAR initiatives including restructuring of the control framework and development of comprehensive documentation around the ORCS/MAR program
- Manage the development, maintenance and delivery of ORCS/MAR training to process owners, including executive management
- Coordinate with process owners and Enterprise Risk Management for quarterly operational risk event reporting
- Develop and document remediation plans to address deficiencies and monitor or follow-up on status to ensure timely remediation
- Act as liaison with Group Integrated Risk Management (IRM), internal audit and external audit for internal control matters
- Support the Company in monitoring for changes in business which impact internal controls over financial reporting, IT and entity level controls
- CPA or CPA In Progress (close to completion)
- 5+ years of relevant accounting/auditing experience with increasing responsibility
- Financial services industry experience
- Solid understanding of internal control frameworks and platforms
$85,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29350.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.