About the Company
Our client is a well-respected company in the asset management industry who put value in teamwork, unity, excellence and respect. They are looking for a Senior Analyst to play an integral role within their team with coordinating the planning, interim and year-end audit activities and with preparing materials for reporting.
Why Work Here
- Excellent, team-based culture
- Great work life balance
- Very competitive benefits and compensation
- Mentorship and development opportunities
- Low turnover environment
About the Opportunity
- Coordinate the planning, interim and year-end audit activities, including liaising with the external auditors and internal departments to ensure smooth and efficient execution of the external audit
- Assist the Manager in the coordination and preparation of annual financial statements and note disclosures
- Assist with the review of financial reporting and disclosures to ensure that they reflect high standards as well as best practices of the pension and financial services industry
- Assist the Manager in preparing materials for senior management and Board reporting and liaise with senior management to compile information for Board reporting
- Assist the Manager in reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations and analyses along with supporting documentation for financial reporting and audit purposes
- Prepare daily NAV supporting file for internal distribution
- Provide back-up with the governance of the general ledger and the chart of accounts
- Provide back-up and support to the monthly general ledger close process (including preparing reconciliations)
- Work collaboratively with IT to develop complex financial reports to support the annual audit and regulatory filing
- Proactively identify and recommend process improvement opportunities to workflow and processes (system and non-system related)
- Review the results of IT’s testing and perform user acceptance testing (UAT) of IT’s solutions before deploying the solution in the production environment
- 3 + years of related experience
- Experience managing an audit
- Previous experience in Financial Services industry
- Strong knowledge of GAAP/IFRS
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29070.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.