About the Company
Our client is a leading manager of residential communities and provides essential property services in North America. They are currently looking for a Senior Analyst, Compliance and Risk Management, to provide compliance and advisory services to the business.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- The workplace environment is highly inquisitive and entrepreneurial
- Multiple opportunities to learn the intricacies of various industries
About the Opportunity
- Perform the independent testing of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR), entity level controls (ELC), and disclosure controls and procedures (DC&P), to support the CEO/CFO certification process in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Prepare and maintain internal control documentation for SOX purposes and assist Management with the SOX onboarding of new locations and remediation support for internal control deficiencies identified
- Assist with the planning and execution of other compliance and advisory type of projects
- Assist with conducting risk assessments and preparing the audit scope and respective testing plan
- Execute the testing of internal controls and other risk & audit projects based on internal audit standards and best practices
- Assist in preparing formal audit reports with findings and recommendations, and present the findings to senior Management
- Maintain the internal control deficiencies and audit recommendations logs.
- Follow up regularly with Management to ensure the timely implementation of remediation action plans
- Manage the whistleblower program and the annual SOX survey process.
- Prepare periodic reports to Management and to the Audit Committee
- Liaise with external service providers and external auditors to facilitate the external audit process
- Support the VP and Manager in continuous process improvements and initiatives
- Canadian passport, with the ability to travel to USA
- SOX/Bill 198 Experience
- CPA or CIA, or similar designation is an asset
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29780.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.