About the Company
Our client is a prominent and growing real estate organization. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant (Reporting Team) who will work as a member of a team assisting with the preparation of year-end and interim financial statements, stub period estimates, corporate tax filings, as well as ad-hoc requests relating to real estate projects of varying sizes (including residential and land development, as well as commercial property management).
Why Work Here
- Flexible and progressive work culture that allows for a hybrid work environment
- Opportunity for progression and career development in one of the fastest growing industries
- Organization has real estate projects all over the GTA, with constant pipeline of new and exciting projects
About the Opportunity
- Preparation of financial statements and working papers for auditors and participants, ensuring that they are completed on an accurate and timely basis in accordance with Company standards and policies, and satisfy the auditor’s needs.
- Calculation of various cost allocations and production of consolidated management reports.
- Assist with the filing of corporate taxes for nominee corporations and ensure that tax reporting is completed on a timely basis with a solid understanding of requirements for joint venture and partnership structures.
- Assist with assessing the adequacy of the budgets that are used in the year-end process.
- Assist with administrative duties supporting the financial reporting team.
- Mentor members of the financial reporting team.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required by the financial reporting team from time to time.
- CPA or CPA In-Progress
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting or financial reporting capacity
- Public accounting firm experience is a plus
- Real estate industry experience is an asset (homebuilding, land development, commercial development and or property management)
- Experience in corporate taxation is a strong asset
- Knowledge of NewStar/Constellation Enterprise, Yardi, and/or Caseware is an asset.
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #332717.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.