About the Company
Our client is a large Canadian organization in the financial services industry. They are looking for a Senior Investment Accountant to actively participate in the month end close process and subsequent reporting requirements.
- Very good culture, close-knit environment and team-oriented
- Good work/life balance
- Low turnover
- Work from home policy
About the Opportunity
- Prepare monthly and quarterly general ledger close process for multiple reporting bases; General Ledger, reconciliations, variance investigation and resolution and internal reporting templates
- Prepare quarterly and annual disclosures: Financial Statements, MD&A and Internal Reporting Packages
- Assist with projects related to transition and/or investment and derivatives systems implementation
- Assist with IFRS 9/IAS39 implementation
- Manage internal and external audits including providing support for SOX controls
- Manage investment forecast models (i.e. building seamless interfaces between data-sources and models) and seek opportunities for automation and efficiencies
- Analyze and report investment forecast results to provide insights to business
- 3+ years of accounting experience in a financial services industry
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- IFRS 9/IAS39 and derivative financial instruments is an asset
$75,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26831.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.