ARE YOU A SENIOR ACCOUNTANT LOOKING TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Our client is looking for a team-player to join their organization for a 6 month contract with the potential for it to become permanent.
Senior Accountant - 6 Month Contract to Permanent
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and maintain the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing entries and account reconciliations for various global entities
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management/departmental reports as required
- Assist in the external and internal audit process and annual tax returns
- Prepare/oversee various monthly filings including HST, regulatory and other business compliance filings
- Liaison with other departments across the company to ensure timely and accurate financial results
- Continuously improve operational and financial accounting processes and challenge the status quo
- Support the finance team on various ad-hoc projects
- CPA designation or nearing completion
- 4+ years of progressive experience in a similar role (industry or public practice): ideally from manufacturing or warehousing environment with Inventory
- Experience in delivering timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong technical knowledge of ASPE and IFRS
- Able to work effectively in a team-based collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain cross-department relationships without authority
- Demonstrates ownership of assigned responsibilities with a positive self-starter attitude
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work independently with minimal direction, but also recognizes when to ask for direction when needed
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel (macro) and experience using Microsoft NAV (preferred but not required)
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23962.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.