About the Opportunity
- Monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Support the Assistant Controller in managing the accounting operations with journal entries: preparing, keying and posting
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations, continuity schedules and support for the financial data.
- Prepare financial information for monthly, quarterly and annual reports and all necessary supporting schedules
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
- Prepare financial analysis and reporting as required
- Assist with the year-end audit and preparation of audit files in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Responsible for other financial reporting to various companies and agencies (Insurance, Stats Can, etc.)
- Assist with the completion of remittances for external agencies (GST, PST, WCB)
- With direction from the CFO, work with the Senior Manager, Finance on the formulation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls
- Implement process improvements relating to the finance team
- Other duties as assigned by the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Completion of an accounting designation or near completion, preferably CPA and/or MBA program
- 4+years of relevant work experience with exposure to financial reporting and planning/budgeting
- Analytical capabilities and modeling expertise
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with Senior Management and convey ideas, processes and results
- Ability to identify issues and implement recommendations
- Sense of urgency
- Strong business acumen
- Self-starter, results and deadline oriented
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #281891.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.