About the Company
Our client has specialized experience in radiology. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for overseeing the full cycle accounting process, including accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivables (AR), integrity of information and the efficient management of accounts, reporting and data management, streamlining processes, the development of internal controls policies, ERP improvements, controls, and procedures.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunity to progress into Manager in the short term
- 20% YoY growth last 2 years with strong future growth projected
- Strong GM, recent Capital Induction. Plans to triple in size over next 3 years
- This role will be pivotal in company growth and work closely with Exectuive Leadership
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Lead the AR team in managing customer invoices, monitoring collections, and ensure the timely receipt of payments.
- Contact customers when the balances are outstanding more than due date.
- Reconcile AR records, resolving billing discrepancies, and implementing effective credit and collection procedures to minimize the delinquencies.
- Supervise the AP team involved in processing invoices, managing vendor relationships, and performing timely and accurate disbursements.
- Develop efficient workflows, establish internal controls, and implementing best practices to streamline the AP process.
- Maintain subsidiaries general ledger by updating accounting data, preparing a trial balance,
- reconciling entries and resolving discrepancies.
- Participate and review the month-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely reporting and elimination of post close adjustments.
- Analyze financial data and generate monthly trend reports and balance sheet reconciliations ensuring financial statement accuracy.
- Review financial and accounting records for errors, omissions, or inconsistencies and correct as required.
- Participate and complete the external audit of entities in Canada, India and US by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts, providing information for auditors, and creating standard, structured, automated working papers.
- Ensure the statutory and Tax compliances of all the entities within due dates by contacting respective internal and external parties including auditors and consultants.
- Oversee fixed asset tracking and reconciliation process including monthly depreciation and continuity schedules.
- Assist auditors as required for the preparation of financial analyses and reports.
- Research technical and financial transactions, review and investigate financial and accounting records and resolve issues according to policies and/or best practices and recommend solutions.
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability.
- Assist the Finance department with various ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies in the process before they snowball.
- Improve the data reporting and accuracy of records over time.
- Responsible for looking at continuous process improvements within the overall accounting function.
- CPA Designation
- 5+ years' experience in Full cycle Accounting or Financial Reporting
- Strong preference to experience working at a Public Accounting firm
- Experience with controls, processes and process improvements/ efficencies
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #392362
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.