About the Company
Our client is in the industrial machinery manufacturing industry. They are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team!
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Tons of opportunity for growth and professional development
- Opportunities to get involved in new projects within the team and make a difference
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Perform month-end duties including but not limited to the monthly revenue recognition (percentage-of-completion), Balance Sheet reconciliations, and other month-end journal entries.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of Profit & Loss reporting and provide accounting expertise on forecasting process.
- Work closely with parent company’s finance team to support their Financial Reporting Requirements.
- Provide monthly forecast updates on revenue, gross profit, percent complete, WIP, cost accruals, and AR metrics for project portfolio.
- Ensure documents and practices surrounding material integrity and inventory/asset management are in place and effective.
- Manage the project financials, ensuring project portfolio is thoroughly evaluated and financial issues are actioned and escalated.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions for the Company.
- Review cost and billing reports to ensure proper management of cost codes, contract items, charge out rates, and markups.
- Coordinate billing and payment schedules, ensuring timeliness while working towards maximizing cash flow.
- Ensure compliance with applicable sales and use taxes as well as assist in preparation of annual income tax packages.
- Work closely with local office team members as well as with the team members and external auditors or accountants.
- Identify and implement process improvements and cost savings initiatives.
- CPA designation or in progress
- 3-5 years of work experience in accounting, preference may be given to those with manufacturing or cost accounting experience.
- Experience in supervising accounting functions and/or team members is an asset.
- Advanced Excel proficiency, ability to work with complex formulae and VBA are considered an asset.
- Experience in the administration and maintenance of accounting systems and processes.
- Travel requirements: Once per quarter to Woodstock, ON and Georgetown, PE
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 387520
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.