About the Company
Our client is a publicly-traded company. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for preparing and maintaining month-end reports, consolidation and preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunity for this position to learn and grow within the company
- Growing company, just completed another acquisition and continued growth focus
- Perform month-end close and journal entry preparation (ie. Deferred revenue, leases, estimate taxes etc.).
- Prepare and maintain month-end consolidation and reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statement (according to IFRS) working papers, analysis, and notes.
- Prepare and establish internal controls and related processes
- Proactively coordinate assigned aspects of financial reporting, developing a sound understanding of overall business operations, budget assumptions.
- Responsible for the development of efficient, effective processes and supporting systems to capture and report on financial information.
- Develop and deliver accurate and timely internal financial and performance reports based on business requirements to support effective departmental management and ensure responsible fiscal management.
- Develop and deliver external financial reports based on external stakeholder requirements (bank, other stakeholders, etc.).
- Proactively identify trends and challenges before they occur, recommending solutions and then implementing them.
- Provide back-up for team members and Controller
- Ad-hoc as required
- Canadian CPA
- 4+ years Financial Reporting experience
- Strong IFRS background
- Experience working or auditing Public companies
- Experience overseeing Accounts Payable and Receiving function a strong asset
$90,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #386589
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.