About the Company
Our client is a leading software company who has expertise in operating businesses around the globe. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will perform the full cycle accounting function as well as prepare financial reports and account reconciliations
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Work for a great who is an excellent mentor
- Good hours/work life balance
- Amazing culture focused on providing the tools, training, resources and collaboration to their people to help them be successful.
- Customer billing and related revenue recognition:
- Coordinates and prepares customer invoices and reconciles monthly invoice activity to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates and manages all relevant support relating to customer invoices including executed contracts, purchase orders and other support material.
- Records journal entries for the recognition of revenue.
- Applies customer account credits and return memos.
- Assists in the monthly reconciliation of key billing and AR related accounts (i.e., work in progress, AR, deferred revenue).
- Assists in the calculation of sales commissions.
- Review of AR aging reports and assistance in the preparation of the allowance of doubtful account provision and supporting material.
- Proactively identifies and escalates, as necessary, past due customer accounts and recommends actions for resolving delinquent accounts.
- Vendor and Expense processing:
- Records vendor invoices and employee expense claims.
- Coordinates and prepares payment of vendor invoices.
- Reviews AP aging reports.
- Assist in integration:
- Assist in post close financial and system integration and govern newly acquired businesses.
- Assist in onboarding finance teams.
- Other accounting responsibilities:
- Generates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions in accordance to IFRS and in time to meet internal timelines (i.e. management reviews, month end close schedule, audits, etc.) and external timelines (i.e. tax, government regulations, etc.)
- Performs treasury related activities.
- Assists in the preparation of internal monthly financial statements related to monthly and quarterly reporting within deadlines and with high attention to accuracy, including:
- Account reconciliation preparation, analytical review and variance analysis;
- Preparation and recording of journal entries for month end close; and
- External/internal audit information requests.
- Manage payroll processing
- Assists with provincial/state sales tax compliance and other tax requirements.
- Maintenance of controls documentation, controls assessment and compliance.
- Implements process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Undertaking special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles (IFRS is a strong asset), including best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and succeed in a fast paced, growing, and dynamic work environment.
$80,000 to $85,000 /year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 379201
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.