About the Company
Our client is a large organization in the manufacturing industry. They are looking for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for providing financial accounting and analysis to support the Controller and the Finance Group for the Distribution business.
Why Work Here
- Relaxed culture and friendly environment
- Opportunities to gain management/mentorship experience
- Company is large & reputable
About the Opportunity
- Coordination of month-end closing activities related to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and general accounting
- Maintain monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations, ensuring that all accounts are reconciled timely within the month end cycle
- Prepare monthly journal entries and periodic balance sheet reviews
- Maintain and perform analysis for various accounts, including intercompany and cash accounts
- Prepare payroll and benefits entries, and reconcile discrepancies with the payroll department
- Assist the Accounting Manager with analysis and reporting of monthly and quarterly financial results
- Oversee capital expenditures, prepare monthly capital asset reporting, and ensure projects are capitalized timely and in accordance with company policies
- Ensure commodity taxes are remitted in accordance with government regulations
- Maintain and file all financial reporting information as per departmental and Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines
- CPA Designation
- Minimum 3 years proficiency with JDE or a large ERP
- Strong background and work experience in the Distribution/Manufacturing industry
- Experience with corporate reporting requirements, external/internal audits
$90,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #348742.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.