About the Company
Our client is a global leader in the animal healthcare industry. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for supporting the company’s financial record-keeping and reporting requirements and ensuring compliance with US GAAP, corporate policies and procedures and common ethical practices.
Why Work Here
- Finance is very team oriented, work with one another and with other departments
- Close knit group of people, fast paced environment in growing company
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for one or more accounting processes – general ledger, intercompany transactions, leases (lessee and lessor), accruals, inventory, fixed assets, depreciation and amortization, reserves and allowances, cash, reconciliations
- Executes monthly and quarterly accounting close procedures including reconciliations, journal entries and financial analysis
- Executes internal controls in accordance with company policy and control matrices
- Works with auditors to provide documentation and support for accounting transactions, balances and internal controls
- Prepares accounting research for existing and new transactions and understands or is able to learn new accounting guidance independently; guidance will be specific to US GAAP
- Assists in resolution of any accounting, internal control and audit issues as well as assembly and review of working papers
- Assists and/or leads the preparation of daily, monthly and quarterly reports to internal and external stakeholders and ensures high quality of work in all report distributions
- Assist preparation of 10-Q and other quarter end footnotes, statements, and public company reporting
- Coordinates internal and external reporting and improves timeliness and accuracy of financial closing and reporting in addition to streamlining audit efforts
- Manages preparation and submission of reports for governmental agencies
- Assists others in the Accounting and Finance Department as needed, specifically those in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Provides support during special projects, system implementations and/or unique transactions; leads process and system improvement initiatives
- Prepares government remittances/filings for taxes such as WSIB, HST, QST, etc.
- Delivers ad hoc reporting, sometimes with minimal structure or guidance provided
- 3+ years of full accounting experience
- Experience at a publicly-traded company and/or public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with either IFRS or US GAAP
- Great Plains or other ERP experience preferred
- Advanced ability with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Outlook and Access
Up to $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 337808.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.