About the Company
Our client is a foundation that helps economically disadvantaged young people. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for the accurate & timely recording of all financial transactions and shares accountability for the maintenance and integrity of the trial balance.
Why Work Here
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Make a difference
- Growing foundation
About the Opportunity
- Engages in all aspects of month-end and year-end closing processes including preparing general ledger journal entries, account analysis and bank reconciliations.
- Supports external audits including preparation of working papers and gathering of samples.
- Assists in compilation of working papers for tax compliance including statutory direct and indirect tax filings and audits.
- Supports Accounting Analysts with bank transactions in all 16 bank accounts and oversees preparation of month end reconciliation.
- Occupancy costs are tracked and reconciled with invoices and leases.
- Will perform month end close, as determined, to back up Accounting Lead.
- Supports the development and implementation of new processes and internal control policies, adheres to all policies and processes.
- Supports the management of relationships with external parties such as banks, auditors, governing authorities.
- Effectively utilizes technology to improve efficiency of the Accounting team’s processes and heightened awareness of cybersecurity.
- Effective contributor to all Team Goals and deliverables.
- Provides high standard of customer service to all stakeholders.
- 5-7 years in similar role
- Solid understanding of accounting principles, internal controls.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Great Plains and/or Concur
$85,000 - $101,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #336710.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.