About the Company
Our client is a professional services firm. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will work independently to complete complex compilation and review engagements, reviews and audits for Partners and Principals and will review tax returns, compilation and review engagements, reviews and audits completed by junior staff
Why Work Here
- Lots of breadth in the scope of work
- Small town value and large town expertise
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and complete corporate financial statements including both accrual and cash (Compilation and Review engagements).
- Initiate, plan and manage annual audits, including field visits and directing junior staff that are involved in the audit.
- Senior role on Audit engagements (subject to experience).
- Team lead on large engagements.
- Complete initial review of financial statements for any formatting changes and complete very limited tax return review.
- Complete high complexity personal tax returns with little to no assistance from Partners and Principals.
- Provide ongoing support and advice to clients regarding various accounting related questions independently, including but not limited to CRA Corporate tax, HST, payroll payments, and journal entries.
- Assist tax department with any complex tax returns and complete slip input or bookkeeping.
- Develop and maintain a positive work relationship will all clients, client representatives, and co- workers.
- Provide on-going mentorship to Junior and Intermediate staff as needed.
- Assist Partners and Principals on special projects such as (i) rollover of partnerships to corporations, (ii) split corporations, (iii) preparation of cash flows, budgets and projections.
- Review co-workers’ work as required and give expertise and experience in dealing with issues or unique circumstances.
- Act as a secondary resource in the absence of Partner and Principals, taking calls and dealing with clients.
- In the absence of a Partner or Principal, review junior and intermediate staff Farm Statements and perform personal tax planning.
- Prepare government applications for Agriculture programs including AgriStability and AgriInvest.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 3 years’ of related accounting experience
- 3 years of file prep experience
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #332939.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.