About the Company
Our client is a diversified company whose subsidiaries span from transportation logistics, heavy-duty equipment dealerships, equipment leasing & rentals, real estate holdings, and hospitality. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to play a key role in the accounting function, including internal and external audits, financial reporting, month-end close, establishing internal controls and implementing new tools and processes to drive efficiencies.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Quick growing company
- Excellent work culture
- Average full-cycle accounting working hours
- Play a key role in the organization’s financial reporting and close processes, including preparation and consolidation of financial statements, review of weekly cash flows and general ledger and remittances of sales taxes across multiple provinces.
- Comply with external funder regulations to submit monthly margin reporting
- Prepare 3rd party funder reconciliations to general ledger; reconcile company balances and funders records to ensure interest & related payables are accounted
- Supervise accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Ensure that the company’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial and bank reporting is timely, accurate, and in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist with external and internal audits and tax returns.
- Review, recommend and implement accounting policies and procedures.
- Analyze, interpret and escalate trends that require management's attention.
- Partner with Accounting Operations and FP&A to support functional leaders.
- Play a key role in helping to develop and implement internal controls, process improvement and policies to align with the evolution of the business.
- Deliver timely direction to the accounting team by reviewing work as necessary and provide ongoing coaching.
- Execute special projects and ad hoc assignments as required
- 3-5 years of full-cycle accounting experience
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel pivots, functions/formula) and finance software
- Experience in NetSuite and internal controls are strong assets
$80,000 to 90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #330130.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.