About the Company
Our client is a leader in the real estate industry. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will perform month-end and quarter-end closing procedures, including consolidation and eliminations, prepare and review account reconciliations and variance discussions, review and post bank and other journal entries, and assist in the design and preparation of the corporate financial statements and MD&A.
Why Work Here
- Fantastic new office with a modern finish
- Growing firm with ample opportunity for progression
About the Opportunity
- Perform month-end and quarter-end closing procedures, including consolidation and eliminations.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and detailed variance analytics.
- Review and post journal entries such as eliminations, intercompany, etc.
- Assist in the design and preparation of the corporate financial statements, MD&A, and supplemental disclosures.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and other financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Improve and document month-end procedures and workbooks to enhance the accuracy of financial reporting.
- Prepare accounting memos to determine appropriate accounting treatment under IFRS and other accounting standards, as necessary.
- Supervise and coach junior staff.
- Assist with special and ad hoc projects as necessary.
- 3+ years of industry or firm experience
- Residential real estate experience
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting and financial reporting.
- SOX experience would be an asset
Up to $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #329842.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.