About the Company
Our client is a world leader in the conception, development, production and distribution of state-of-the-art medical products. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will act as a key member supporting the month-end close and contributing to standardizing the current process.
Why Work Here
- Collaborative, team environment
- Fairly new team being built out now
- Close knit, collaborative and team environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop in the role, division and overall company
About the Opportunity
- Contribute to standardizing and formalizing processes supporting month end close
- Responsible to ensure that intercompany accounts are always balanced both within the subsidiaries as well as the parent and related companies
- Prepare account reconciliations for several different companies, in various countries and currencies; Proactively investigate and resolve reconciling items if any
- Ensure all regulatory requirements and remittances are remit accurately and timely including but not limited to VAT filings, payroll related fillings (WSIB, CSST, EHT, etc.), federal and provincial sales tax
- Implementation of internal control requirements to ensure processes are in place that comply with financial reporting regulatory requirements
- Monitor and prepare journal entries required to adhere with accounting policies and standard on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Deep dive involvement into Inventory, Fixed Assets and Accrued Liabilities business processes and account balances
- Participate in the development and updating of accounting and finance related policies
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to support developing sustainable streamlined processes
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to support forecast, budget, and analysis as needed
- Identify and support process improvements and automation initiatives
- Build a thorough understanding of the business operations, financial reporting, and general ledger structure Summarize findings and meaningful analysis that is responsive to business needs to facilitate efficient and effective management decision making
- Support maintenance of the chart of accounts and general ledger for several companies
- Complete the accounting monthly management end to end of smaller subsidiary companies
- Support audit and compliance requirements
- Participate in ad hoc special projects and analysis as required
- Adhere to Corporate and Quality policies and procedures
- CPA, or close to completion
- 3+ years of experience in financial accounting or internal finance, preferably in a complex and growth-oriented environment
- Experience in an inventory based company required
Up to $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #326948.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.