About the Company
Our client is a publicly-traded real estate finance company. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for day-to-day accounting, maintaining, preparing and reconciling accounts and other financial documents.
Why Work Here
- Growing company
- Experience with building out a team, and exposure of setting up software
About the Opportunity
- Daily input of invoices into Quickbooks and posting to the general ledger
- Process invoices, expense reports, and payment transactions, includes verifying the accuracy of expenses and in accordance with Company guidelines
- Prepare interest payments, distribution, cash advances, cash draws to various investors and lenders
- Responsible for preparing all bank entries and reconciliation of all bank balances at month end
- Responsible for maintaining/reconciling the cash balance in all accounts on a daily basis
- Responsible for processing wires transfers, EFT’s, and cheque upload to our financial institutions
- Assist with cash flow projection/budget and analysis
- Prepare journal entries and the compilation/preparation of supporting schedules
- Prepare, maintain and reconcile monthly general ledger along with adjusting journal entries to ledger details and continuity schedules
- Assist in the preparation of schedules and working papers for internal and external audits throughout the year
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reporting packages for management, partners and auditors
- Prepare for submission of various government tax filings and remittances on a timely basis (HST, T5, NR4 etc.).
- Support in the coordination of external auditor requests and deals team requests
- Assist with other adhoc projects, information requests and special projects
- CPA or in progress
- 1-3 years of accounting experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Outlook, Word) and QuickBooks.
$85,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #324965.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.