About the Company
Our client is a leading competitor in the utilities industry. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant who will be a key member of the Accounting and Reporting team helping them communicate to investors, and other stakeholders the great progress the Company is making in providing sustainable water and energy for life
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- The company has grown significantly due to acquisition over the last few years. Outlook is very strong for their business.
- Work with an excellent boss who will be a great mentor
- Great supportive culture at the company
- Lots of potential for career growth
About the Opportunity
- Actively support and participate in monthly financial close cycle
- Prepare recurring and non-recurring monthly journal entries
- Prepare timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform direct and indirect billing
- Prepare notes to the consolidated financial statements
- Prepare inputs to the consolidated of cash flows statements
- Prepare standalone financial statements for subsidiaries of the Company
- Prepare and analyze inputs to the quarterly Management Discussion and Analysis "MD&A"
- Provide accounting research and analysis of significant contracts, complex accounting transactions and new accounting and reporting standards.
- Assess the impact of accounting changes on financial statements, procedures and internal controls
- Provide support for external and internal audits
- Support system implementation, maintenance and enhancement activities.
- Actively participate in the identification and execution of process improvement/best practice initiatives.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
$95,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #322345.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role