About the Company
Our client is an asset management company looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for the full cycle accounting and financial reporting for a portfolio of legal entities that hold infrastructure assets ranging from construction stage to fully operating
Why Work Here
- Organization is very dynamic and cohesive, plenty of interaction between divisions
- Office is a bright, professional and open concept
- The leadership team is experienced, proven and very involved in the business. There are many corporate events including monthly team gatherings
About the Opportunity
- Managing full cycle accounting for a portfolio infrastructure project entities, including, but not limited to:
- Preparing and posting general journal entries;
- Review and process invoice payments;
- Month end reconciliations;
- Quarterly financial statement production; and
- Preparing annual audited financial statements including full note disclosures and working papers.
- Preparing quarterly financial statements for investment funds based on fair value for the purposes of determining NAV, if needed.
- As part of determining fund NAV, calculating performance incentives and tracking hurdle rates and high water marks, if needed.
- Treasury management including cash reconciliations, wire payments, partner distributions and coordination with banks and lenders.
- Preparing and filing monthly GST/HST returns and remittances.
- Debt compliance including interpretation of legal documents, preparation of monthly and quarterly officer certificates, calculation of debt-service coverage ratios (“DSCR”) and coordination with trustees to ensure compliance with trust indentures and credit agreements terms and conditions.
- Preparation of tax working papers and tax returns (T2 Corporate and T5013 Partnership) for basic files—experience with TaxPrep software is an asset—or working with inside and outside tax preparers to gather supporting documentation for more complex files.
- Working with external auditors, and responding to requests (i.e. external investors, internal compliance/asset management groups etc.).
- 3 to 5 years of industry work experience (infrastructure or private equity experience is an asset)
- Experience with financial statement preparation, maintaining accounting records and general ledgers, tax filings and applying accounting policies and procedures
- Exposure to both IFRS and ASPE
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #322055.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role