About the Company
Our client is a Japanese retail holding company. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for the full-cycle accounting functions for Canadian operations.
Why Work Here
- Work for a company that is committed to providing its employees with enriching and challenging opportunities where achievements and personal growth are acknowledged and rewarded!
- The Company believes in promoting from within and therefore is dedicated to offering its employees training, performance-based increases, and unlimited growth opportunities
About the Opportunity
- Period-end book closing
- Prepare monthly Balance sheet accounts reconciliation
- Prepare monthly P&L review and Balance sheet review for closing
- Quarter-end consolidation package preparation
- Any recurring, accrual and adjusting entries booking
- Payroll report review, reconciliation and Journal Booking
- Fixed Asset and depreciation booking
- Prepaid expense schedule and amortization booking
- Intercompany transactions reconciliation
- Booking errors and issues monitoring, correcting and solving
- Outstanding and abnormal balances monitoring and correcting
- Expenses review and monitoring to ensure all costs are booked to their activity period
- Ensure all system mapping and interfacing correctly to accounting system
- Monthly sales tax filing, remittance and booking
- Non-resident Withholding tax filing, remittance and booking
- Corporate income tax return supporting and assistance
- Duty of imported products review and approving
- Primary contact for tax review and audit
- Support Manager for system upgrade and any project
- Procurement procedure, contract and PO supporting and assistance
- System upgrade and any projects supporting and assistance
- Budget and forecast supporting and assistance
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the Employer
- 5 years+ of relevant working experience
- Full-Cycle Accounting & Financial Reporting (IFRS) and SAP experience
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #318437.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.