About the Company
Our client is a prominent and growing real estate organization. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to oversee the day to day operational accounting functions for their residential construction projects.
Why Work Here
- Rapidly growing company
- Opportunity for progression and career development in one of the fastest growing industries
- Organization has real estate projects all over the GTA, with constant pipeline of new and exciting projects
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for operational accounting in the mid-rise and high-rise projects
- Maintain project budgets in coordination with the Project Manager and VP of Construction
- Prepare accounting and documentation for monthly draws for the projects, as relevant
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages, as relevant
- Oversee the accounts payable process for the company’s unit, including supervision of payable staff
- Reconcile and resolve accounts payable issues as may be relevant
- Track and reconcile cash receipts (deposits) and amounts held in trust by external legal advisors
- Work with the project legal advisors to review proposed closing documentation and directions in advance of closings and ensure that the closing journal entries are accurately recorded
- Work with property tax authorities to obtain appropriate estimates of property taxes in advance of closings
- Monitor project funds and work with the team to ensure that the projects are funded and that cash requisitions are made where bank financing is not yet in place.
- Supervise the billing of acquisition, disposition and other fees monthly, quarterly, annually in accordance with the respective agreements
- Prepare the files for the year end reporting process and work with the Financial Reporting Team to facilitate the preparation of a clean and accurate year end reporting package.
- Responsible for monthly HST filings (including the filing of new home rebates and ITC recoveries) for all the company’s projects, reconciling the amounts received to the amounts recorded.
- As the initial point of correspondence with CRA on income tax/HST reviews and audits, responsible for gathering requested amount and for putting an initial package together as requested, subject to review by the Controller or his designate.
- Manage the builder insurance renewal and binding process for all the company’s residential projects
- Assist the Controller and Assistant Controller on maintaining the accounting records for the company’s low-rise projects, as necessary.
- Monitor and reconcile inter-company accounts receivable and payable
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances
- Perform financial analysis and account reconciliations
- Other projects as required.
- CPA or CPA-In-Progress
- 3 years strong operational accounting experience (GL accounting, AR, AP, etc.)
- Experience in Residential High-Rise Accounting (Development or Construction)
- Advanced working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial statements
- Detail oriented, organized and ability to meet deadlines while multitasking
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective written
$80,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #310969.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.