About the Company
Our client is in the healthcare supply chain. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to bring strong accounting and analysis experience to this team and will be a critical part of their month-end/year-end closing activities.
Why Work Here
- Excellent global company with opportunities for advancement
- Collaborative culture and team of professionals
- Broad role giving exposures to different areas of finance
About the Opportunity
- Focus on reporting and administration related to inventory management, transfer pricing and other cost of goods
- Communicate with Global finance to understand inter-company transactions and required Corporate and SEC reporting
- Prepare, review and reconcile of a number of balance sheet accounts, identifying risk and potential write-offs or release to the P&L
- Review customer rebates calculations and liaise with third party service provider and business partners to ensure accuracy
- Review supplier rebates, identify and resolve issues, and escalate to appropriate parties
- Proactive thinking of business requirements and providing suggestions
- Demonstrate ability to lead process improvements
- Month-end close entries as needed. Liaise with and review transactions and reports prepared by third party service provider
- Assist in the compilation of the monthly internal financial reporting packages
- Support the annual budget and forecasting process in the stated areas of responsibility
- Support cash management with preparation or oversight of Bank reconciliations and timely resolution of outstanding matters
- Support tax consultant in matters related to commodity & realty taxes, insurance and statistics Canada filings
- Problem solve and escalate issues as needed
- Responsible for system maintenance activities related to accounting – accounts set up, year-end closing etc
- Assist in special projects including ERP implementation
- CPA or in progress
- 3+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and SAP is an asset
$85,000 to $93,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #30743.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.