About the Company
Our client is a privately held company that offers fitness services and amenities. They are seeking a Senior Accountant that will be involved in all aspects of accounting including month-end close, cash management, bank reconciliations, fixed asset accounting, account reconciliations, journal entries, internal reporting and year-end audits.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity for training/development and continuous learning
- Competitive total compensation package
- Hybrid work environment
About the Opportunity
- Perform daily accounting duties - including monitoring cash balances, posting journal entries, reconciling accounts and preparing financial analysis.
- Responsible for the month close process for assigned arrears and have knowledge and training on how to perform any and all month close tasks
- Responsible for the preparation of internal, external financial reports and other analyses/financial management reports
- Prepare monthly compliance reporting for lenders
- Full ownership of assigned account recs with deep understanding of underlying transactions and ending balances change drivers
- Responsible for preparation of audit working papers and interactions with external auditors on assigned areas. Contribute to streamlining the year-end audit process
- Prepare EFT/wire transfers in a strict compliance with the electronic payment policy
- Responsible for monitoring cash flow and compliance with bank requirements including the preparation weekly cash flow forecasts
- Act as key finance liaison with the clubs supporting them in accurate and timely completion of cash reconciliations and other accounting/finance activities
- Support business units with the calculation of sales bonuses, commissions, and personal trainers’ compensation. Provide inputs to payroll team on a timely basis
- Assist the Controller with special projects as assigned
- Comply with internal controls, accounting policies and other financial policies
- Identify and implement process improvements and ensure that processes are continuously improved in terms of efficiency, transparency and overall effectiveness to drive better business decisions
- 5+ years experience in accounting/finance
- Public accounting with private clients experience and knowledge of ASPE
- Full cycle accounting experience from industry
$80,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30619.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role