About the Company
Our Client is a real estate company located in midtown Toronto. They are looking to hire a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for all aspects of accounting for operational, corporate, and family entities, including foundations and charitable trusts.
Why Work Here
- Eligible for a 5-10% discretionary bonus
- 15 vacation days offered + 6 personal days + 2 religious holiday days + Christmas week off
- Full benefits
- CPA dues are reimbursed
- Great work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Prepare working papers for year end audits and tax files
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual internal / external reporting
- Assist with the compilation of annual consolidated financial statements
- Assist with accounting research, issue resolution and disclosure implications of significant transactions
- Assist with transaction support analysis for assessing accounting and business implication
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, including automation
- Participate in appropriate cross-training, documentation and resources for key tasks, reports and processes
- Prepare/review related entity financial statements for compliance and tax reporting
- Support in the coordination of external auditor requests
- Account analysis and reconciliation of ledger details to general ledger
- Respond to transactional accounting questions and issues. Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Liaise with other departments in regard to accounting matters
- Prepare comprehensive cash flow reports, including related analysis
- A university degree in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting designation (CPA)
- Minimum eight years’ relevant experience preferably in the real estate industry
- Knowledge of current accounting practices and principles (ASPE)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to cope with changing client needs
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and also as part of a team
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30273.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.