About the Opportunity
The Senior Accountant reports to the VP Finance and will have responsibilities with regards to general accounting, financial and management reporting, preparation and coordination of budgets, and provides support to VP Finance on special projects and corporate initiatives.
- Ensure that month-end financial accounting duties and all resulting financial reporting are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Record business transactions, process accruals and adjustments, reconcile and analyze accounts and prepare monthly accounting statements
- Preparation and submission of EFT files, including monitoring and posting chargebacks
- Bank reconciliations
- Prepare cash projections
- Back-up for Accounting Manager; Tam month-end, daily deposits, transfer approvals, as necessary (transactions not requiring signing authority)
- Prepare financial statements and management reports
- Assist in the preparation of year-end financial statements, supporting schedules and audit working papers, as assigned
- Margin calculations and monthly reporting to bank
- Prepare federal and provincial returns, i.e. HST, RST, as required
- Back-up for VP Finance; financial statements and management reports
- Oversee or prepare monthly Revenue and statistical reporting, including but not limited to Exec Receivables Summaries, Flash Reports, Revenue Analysis, Volume Summaries, Statistical Overviews, Lapsed and Cancelled reports, Premium Financing reports
- Provide the Executive and departmental managers with regular reports, including performance in comparison to budgets
- Ad hoc development and support of TAM/Access/Excel reports for senior management, department managers and Claims Department
- Coordination of annual revenue budgets, including design, implementation, trouble-shooting with departments and integration into Budget (Access), consolidation and reporting
- Assist the VP Finance in preparation of Budget
- Assist the VP Finance in investigating, implementing and documenting accounting procedures and policies including workflows and internal controls
- Assist the VP Finance on special projects and perform other duties, as required
- Community College or University Degree in Accounting & Finance RIBO license or CIP an asset
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong knowledge of accounting, general ledger, journal entries, and bookkeeping.
- Strong knowledge of accounting best practices and internal controls.
- Advanced proficiency with Agency Manager (TAM) is an asset
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in accounting required
$60,000 - $65,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30269.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.