About the Opportunity
- Act as a key contributor in the month-end and year-end close process for all entities by ensuring all key balance sheet and bank accounts are reconciled, all journal entries accurately posted and that all liabilities are recorded in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparation of all month-end financial reporting including; balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, headcount and inventory accounting, customer and regional profitability statements, and variance reporting for budget owners across the organization
- Support the year-end audit for all entities by providing requested documents, analysis, and supporting schedules.
- Provide accounting support, financial analysis and guidance to the organization including transaction history reports, variance analysis, and reconciliations
- Contribute to ad hoc projects across the organization, and understand and help identify the financial impact of projects and required changes on key business processes
- Post-Secondary Education in Finance or Accounting
- 2-4 years of significant experience working in a preferably well-rounded accounting function
- While a CPA designation is preferred, candidates that are nearing completion will be considered
- Experience with financial reporting (including preparation and analysis of financial statements) in a fast-paced, multi-company, multi-currency environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including proficiency with v-lookups, h-lookups and pivot tables
- A demonstrated ability to work under time constraints, effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities, be detail oriented, while showing a commitment to process improvement
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30199.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.