About the Opportunity
Our Corporate Accounting Team has an exciting career opportunity for you in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting & Accounting, you will work as part of a dynamic team and will have exposure to the consolidated financial statement preparation and variance analysis. We are seeking a team-oriented individual who has a focused, detail-oriented approach to completing tasks and is inquisitive and thoughtful.
- Prepare annual and quarterly consolidated financial statements
- Prepare various quarterly and annual board materials, including press releases, and ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Prepare schedules used to support the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
- Accountable for development and maintenance of various financial reports
- Responsible for month end close processes including journal entries, reconciliations and supporting documentation
- Responsible for monthly Mutual Fund management fee analytic, including variance analysis and journal entry recording
- Preparation of accounting policy memos and assist in accounting research as required
- Assist with year-end, interim and quarterly reviews, including preparing schedules, analytics and working papers for auditors
- Provide support in year-end taxation request, including maintaining transfer pricing workbook
- Respond to ad hoc requests as required
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- In the final stages of completing an accounting designation is a nice to have
- Experience with large ERP systems
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A focused, detail-oriented approach to completing tasks with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
$30 - $34/hr
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #392925.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.