Our client is currently in need of a Senior Accountant to assist the Controller with month/year-end reporting. You will support the finance department for all financial transactions, including financial reporting and budgeting/forecasting.
About the Opportunity
- Assist in preparing budget reporting for comparison of actual expenditures with budget
- Assist in preparation of schedules for auditors and maintenance of proper filing of working papers
- Assist in managing accounts payable and receivables and other accounting transactions as directed, including reconciliation of bank statements
- Assist in calculation of tax payments and returns
- Assist in ensuring compliance with financial policies and regulations
- 3+ years of work experience as an accounting professional within corporate accounting
- Accounting designation is a very strong asset (CPA)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including IFRS and Canadian tax
- Advanced MS Excel skills including pivot tables, and advanced MS Word skills including use of styles
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24680.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.