About the Opportunity
- Maintains the general ledger charts of accounts in both the financial accounting and core banking systems and updates all corresponding cross-reference tables
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information and external supporting documents
- Supports the month-end and year-end close activities and assists with the year-end audit with internal and external auditors
- Prepares bank and other balance sheet GL account reconciliations including aging of all outstanding items and ensuring all reconciliations are completed within policy timelines
- Prepares the daily balancing of all financial data/activity between the banking system and financial accounting system to ensure completeness of financial data in financial accounting system for accurate financial reporting. Investigates and remediates differences using core banking system reports and working with internal stakeholder and banking service provider.
- Analyzes and interprets financial and accounting reports including the monitoring of revenues and expenditures against the budget to ensure compliance with approved and/or amended budget allocation.
- Maintains prepaid, accrual and fixed asset schedules including corresponding amortization schedules
- Prepares monthly management reporting packages and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives. Assists in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Reviews and analyzes the daily exception report, correct GL mapping exceptions, and work cross-functionally with other business units to remediate discrepancies
- Deals with new reporting requirements and prepares the monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory filings
- Assists with initial internal control evaluations and provides recommendations to Management on how to reduce/mitigate potential risk
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by documenting and analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Participates in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned areas of responsibility and recommends and implements resulting policies and procedures
- Works with Finance vendors and maintains positive relationships with service providers
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures by identifying resources needs to implement improvements
- Determines opportunities to streamline processes, eliminate unnecessary or redundant tasks and to improve governance and oversight
- Any other tasks as required in Finance
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related financial/accounting experience
- Enrolment in CPA designation program considered an asset
- Strong analytical and communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent MS Excel/spreadsheet skills, competency with MS Word, database management and email
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and staff at all levels within the organization
- Excellent problem-solving and investigative skills, and the ability to make sound recommendations
$65,000 - $73,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29812.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.