About the Company
Our client is one of Canada's largest retailers, selling a wide range of merchandise including furniture, major appliances and home electronics across multiple banners. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for training franchise accountants
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to gain valuable accounting experience and business knowledge
- Company is one of Canada's largest retailers (very reputable)
- Room for growth within the organization
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for all accounting training and maintenance within the computer system, reporting requirements, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, inventory and sales analysis, financials, and daily journal entries of the new franchise location with its bookkeeper and owners
- Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day Franchise operations to ensure they are financially strong and profitable, including the monthly analysis of each franchise profit and loss statement
- Facilitate yearly in-person audits on all franchise locations and creating audit reports for these stores
- Working with corporate departments on franchise system conversions to the corporate database
- Reconcile and maintain Corporate franchise general ledger accounts monthly
- Building Excel reports to analyze the performance of the franchise division and individual franchisees
- Creating and analyzing potential franchise locations proforma financial statements.
- Aid in new projects with the Franchise Finance Manager
- Any other corporate finance ad hoc requests
- Advanced Excel proficiency
- Understanding of Full-cycle Accounting
- ERP Experience
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #296872.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.