About the Company
Our client is a leading company in the financial services industry, specializing in reinsurance. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to manage the accounting processes of the firm and lead the analysis and preparation of financial and management results.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- The finance team is a very collaborative and social group
- The company is big on training and development and will support relevant courses
- Offices are brand new and open-concept with standing desks
- Very regular interactions with senior executives, where hard work is rewarded and celebrated
About the Opportunity
- Review, process and reconcile all gross premiums, commissions and other cash flow activity for assigned material and/or complex client portfolios.
- Ensure a strong control environment over the accounting processes
- Ensure process documentation is maintained and applicable control activities are performed on a regular basis to ensure compliance
- Reconcile the treaty accounting sub-ledger to the financial general ledger by client for material and/or complex reinsurance contracts.
- Partner with cross-functional groups to manage data intake and continuously seek to improve the current state of the client data intake process.
- Manage the quarter-end close process and related activities such as managing the close for the sub-ledger.
- Ensure the quality of data for quarterly reporting and for annual financial statements within the relevant area of responsibility
- Monitor and manage client accounts against key accounting operational performance indicators.
- Review the performance of clients’ billing data in various formats, making necessary system adjustments
- Monitors clients’ account details for outstanding receipts or claims, delayed payments, etc.
- Effectively communicate with the necessary parties to resolve/follow up on client billing and profitability/reporting issues.
- Lead the external and internal audit coordination efforts for the accounting department.
- Prepare assigned sections to the annual audited branch financial statements.
- Lead the process management efforts through effective use of financial and non-financial key performance indicators and present results/recommendations to management.
- Lead the preparation, review and approval of annual plan working closely with the business and manage the quarterly forecasting process.
- Explain drivers of key variances and present results to management in a concise and effective manner.
- Lead special projects as and when required/identified by providing accounting subject matter expertise. This includes but is not limited to automation projects and the implementation of new accounting systems and/or enhancements to current systems and/or reporting tools
- CPA Designation (or very close to completion)
- Previous experience in large financial institutions
- Financial Reporting experience
- Experience with Insurance, Assurance, or Auditing
- Knowledge of and experience with IFRS 17 is a strong asset
- Life insurance experience is a strong asset
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29475.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.