About the Company
Our client is a leading company offering a variety of services within the roofing industry. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to manage various accounting processes within the company.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive and tiered benefits (3-weeks vacation, RRSP matching, CPA/CPD reimbursement)
- Collaborative culture, like-minded colleagues, opportunities for collective problem-solving
- Work-life-balance prioritized, no overtime and standard work hours
- Chances to take on exciting and challenging new responsibilities, to grow within the company
- Controllership-style opportunity to experience doing full cycle accounting
- Vast room for growth and advancement within larger parent company
About the Opportunity
- Perform the monthly financial close and prepare statements (quarterly) for various users
- Perform variance and trend analysis, “what-if” scenarios and financial statement commentary
- Improve processes, find efficiencies, provide feedback and support to drive business to the next level
- Daily tasks to include full cycle accounting, recording journal entries, producing financial statements, variance analytics, & providing support to various stores
- Be the “go-to” person for store branches or district managers regarding inventory count shortages, profitability reports, analysis, profitability across products, etc.
- Assist branch managers with their ERP questions & analytics
- CPA, CA designation
- Experience with Full-Cycle Accounting and Inventory Accounting (or Auditing) is a strong asset
- Strong understanding of Wholesale/Retail, and Property, Plant & Equipment Accounting is an asset
- Intercompany experience is also an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29300.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.