About the Company
Our client is a prominent and growing real estate organization. They are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to oversee the day to day operational accounting functions for their residential construction projects.
Why Work Here
- Rapidly growing company, with many new and exciting projects
- Room for development
- Organization has real estate projects all over the GTA, with constant pipeline of new and exciting projects
About the Opportunity
- Maintain project budgets, prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages
- Oversee the accounts payable process and reconcile and resolve accounts payable issues
- Track and reconcile cash receipts (deposits) and amounts
- Work with property tax authorities to obtain appropriate estimates
- Supervise the billing of acquisition, disposition and other fees monthly, quarterly, annually
- Responsible for monthly HST filings
- Correspond to income tax/HST reviews and audits
- Monitor and reconcile intercompany accounts receivable and payable
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances
- Perform financial analysis and account reconciliations
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- 3 years accounting experience within residential real estate (development or construction)
- HST experience
- Advanced working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial statements
- Detail oriented, organized and ability to meet deadlines while multitasking
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective written
$80,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29214.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.