About the Company
Our client, a global financial services organization, is looking to hire a Senior Accountant who will manage the reinsurance accounting processes for complex and material reinsurance contracts and lead the analysis and preparation of quarterly financial and management results in a timely and accurate manner. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to add value and drive change throughout the business.
About the Opportunity
- Review, process and reconcile all gross premiums, commissions and other cash flow activity for assigned material and/or complex client portfolios
- Ensure a strong control environment over the accounting processes
- Reconcile the treaty accounting sub-ledger to the financial general ledger by client for material and/or complex reinsurance contracts
- Manage the quarter-end close process and related activities such as managing the close for the sub-ledge
- Ensure the quality of data for quarterly reporting and for annual financial statements within the relevant area of responsibility
- Monitor and manage client accounts against key accounting operational performance indicators
- Reviews the performance of clients’ billing data in various formats, making necessary system adjustments to ensure data is compatible to local applications
- Monitor clients’ account details for outstanding receipts or claims, delayed payments and other such operational matters
- Effectively communicates with either the client, Pricing or Reinsurance Operations, where and as applicable, to resolve/follow up on client billing and profitability/reporting issues
- Lead the external and internal audit coordination efforts for the accounting department. Prepares assigned sections to the annual audited branch financial statements
- Lead the process management efforts through effective use of financial and non-financial key performance indicators and present results/recommendations to management
- Lead the preparation, review and approval of the annual plan working closely with the business and manage the quarterly forecasting process
- Lead the quarter-end close processes
- Support Corporate Actuarial group on quarterly close activities and related processes
- CPA or CPA In Progress (close to completion)
- 5+ years of combined experience in accounting, financial reporting and analysis.
- Working experience within large financial institutions (big banks)
- IFRS 17 experience is an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29172.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.