About the Company
Our client is a growing company in the cannabis industry. They are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their organization responsible for supporting preparation of external financial reporting documents.
Why Work Here
- Fast-paced and entrepreneurial
- Growth oriented – Lots of opportunities for professional advancement!
- Company is looking to continue to grow and expand in the Cannabis market and looking to be a market leader for years to come
About the Opportunity
- Provide support on tax planning assignments and corporate tax returns
- Research and report on tax issues
- Liaise with tax authorities on audits and request for information
- Support preparation of external financial reporting documents; review statements and ensure compliance to policies and requirements
- Support and maintain the stock option software platform
- Support general accounting in preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual financial working papers
- Adhere to and promote accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with federal, provincial, and local financial legal requirements
- Participate in the preparation of quarter end/ year end working papers and close routines
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience (prev clerical experience does not count)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced level excel skills is an asset
- Understanding of IFRS
$70,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29041.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.