About the Company
Our client is an environmental organization looking for a Senior Accountant to join their Accounting and Finance Team. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements and performance of general accounting activities related to the efficient maintenance and processing of transactions
Why Work Here
- Family oriented culture; strong leadership and an open door policy
- Track record of promotion from within
- Strong leadership team
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and delivery of balance sheet and income statement for CMI monthly
- Maintain the fixed asset subledger by investigating and analyzing all capital acquisitions and disposals, determining useful lives, recording of transactions, monthly reporting, deprecation analysis, and supporting fixed asset counts and validations
- Perform Capital versus Operating lease analysis in accordance with GAAP requirements
- Track Asset acquisitions and related invoice support for bank funding purposes
- Book entries for all hedging activities
- Manage intercompany reconciliations for transactions between the organization and its group companies and work with the other accountants to ensure accounts balance monthly
- Accounting for loans, including maintaining of supporting amortization schedules where applicable.
- Oversee accruals, including the preparation and booking of certain month end journal entries
- Perform foreign currency revaluations monthly on foreign currency denominated balances
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations for key accounts, including proper support and investigation of discrepancies
- Reconcile general ledger to sub ledgers monthly
- Review and analyze certain expense accounts and resolve discrepancies to ensure accurate and complete reporting
- Prepare month end schedules, working papers and reports
- Responsible for ensuring the financial and accounting policies and programs are followed and comply with generally accepted accounting principles (ASPE)
- Support annual external audit through provision of required documentation and resolution of queries
- CPA (or CPA In Progress)
- 3-5 years previous full-cycle accounting experience at a mid-size company
- Strong computer skills, including Excel
- Leadership experience is an asset
$70,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28997.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.