About the Company
Our client is a growing organization in the cannabis industry. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will maintain general ledger balance sheet accounts by reconciling accounts details and control accounts.
Why Work Here
- Fact-paced and entrepreneurial
- Growth oriented
- Company is looking to continue to grow and expand in the Cannabis market and looking to be a market leader for years to come
About the Opportunity
- Identify, investigate, analyze and report on account variances
- Manage internal controls over financial reporting
- Manage internal controls over processes and quality
- Assist as an expert in the Compliance department
- Adjust general ledger balances by posting and/or adjusting journal entries and prepare monthly working papers
- Monitor the general ledger for accuracy and effectiveness
- Prepare quarter end/ year end working papers and close routines
- Provide support to the financial reporting function by documenting complete and concise variance analysis into their working papers
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures
- Recommend improvements for gathering, summarizing and reporting financial information
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- 3-4 years of experience in accounting firm from relevant industry
- In-depth understanding of IFRS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28559.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.