About the Company
Our client is an asset management company looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of investment fund financial statements, including Net Asset Value calculations and reporting on a fair value basis.
Why Work Here
- Organization is very dynamic and cohesive, plenty of interaction between divisions
- Office is a bright, professional and open concept
- The leadership team is experienced, proven and very involved in the business. There are many corporate events including monthly team gatherings
About the Opportunity
- Manage full cycle accounting for various Infrastructure operating projects (solar, hydro, etc.)
- Prepare audited financial statements inclusive of full notes, shells and all necessary disclosures
- Prepare quarterly financial statements (shells only) of Investment Limited Partnerships
- Treasury management – cash reconciliations, wire payments, partner distributions, liaison with banks and lenders
- Prepare, file and manage monthly HST remittances
- Debt Compliance – prepare monthly and quarterly officer certificates, calculate Debt-service coverage ratios
- Tax – experience with TaxPrep is an asset for informational input of tax returns
- Work with inside and outside tax preparers to gather supporting documentation and to construct tax working papers for tax returns
- Work with external auditors and respond to requests from external investors
- Calculate net asset values for the unitized investment vehicles including calculation of performance incentives and tracking of hurdle rates and high water marks
- 3 to 5 years of industry work experience (infrastructure experience is an asset) with full cycle accounting and a focus on financial reporting
- Experience preparing financial statements
- Exposure to both IFRS and ASPE
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30607.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.