About the Company
Our client is an independent power producer who is looking for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for preparing and overseeing the company’s general accounting duties.
Why Work Here
- Company is anticipated to grow 2 or 3 times its current size in the next few years
- Lots of interesting projects to work on
- Opportunity for promotion within the company
About the Opportunity
- Record, and report monthly financial results
- Prepare journal entries, other financial transactions, all reconciliations and monthly financial results for assigned entities
- Accounting functions as assigned include, but not limited to:
- Prepare and book routine transactions
- Prepare, book and reconcile intermediate to advance level
- Prepare reconciliations as assigned
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status on monthly basis
- Prepare non-consolidated financial statements and supporting schedules
- Provide technical support on using of accounting systems such as Sage
- Ensure timely and accurate filing and collection on all indirect tax matters
- Assist the preparation of all external reporting, including the quarterly and annual reports, and financial information shared with investors, financial institutions and others
- 4-6 years of experience in a general accounting role
- Working IFRS experience
- Excellent communication skills
$75,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 27895.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.