About the Company
Our client is an insurance company looking for a Senior Accountant to join their Finance team. As a Senior Accountant, you will be a critical part of the Company’s financial reporting process.
- Good work/life balance
- Great mentor and opportunity for development
- Excellent compensation plan
About the Opportunity
- Prepare annual audited financial statements inclusive of full notes, shells and disclosures
- Prepare, file and manage premium tax, HST, RST filings
- Prepare statutory filing schedules and supporting working papers
- Prepare year-end audit binders, obtain supporting documentation and resolve audit queries
- Gather supporting documentation and construct working papers for tax returns
- Prepare detailed account reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries into accounting system
- Assist with quarter end reporting as required
- Prepare management reports
- Provide executable recommendations that improve operations and finance functions
- 2+ years of experience in Property & Casualty industry, with full cycle accounting and focus on financial reporting
- Strong month end / transactional accounting background
- Excel skills
$75,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27867.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.