About the Company
Our client is an established real estate developer and they are looking to hire a senior accountant. This role supports the Controller in performing full cycle accounting functions, specifically with allocating costs according to various development projects. This role requires frequent business partnering and collaborating with front line operations teams.
- Laid back, business casual office setting
- Great work life balance with overtime only during busy season
- Exposure to two cultures - front line managers and corporate
About the Opportunity
- Process costs plus accruals accordingly to General Ledger accounts for both corporate overhead and construction development projects.
- Conduct reconciliations of various General Ledger accounts both P&L and Balance Sheet
- Collaborate with business to get valid explanations for any material variances
- Contribute to the creation of month end financial statements as well as various month end financial reporting packages (this role is a key contributor to the variance commentary in such reports)
- Help with the preparation of consolidation entries and reconciliation of intercompany General Ledger accounts
- Process / code / post Accounts Payable invoices
- Contribute to the management of this organization’s Accounts Receivable processes
- Other ad-hoc projects as requested
- CPA or close to designated
- At least 3 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Major ERP as experience is nice to have
- Knowledge of construction industry is nice to have
- Strong communicator
$65,000 - $75,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #26816.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.